How in the name of Sam Hill can it be May already?? How in the world can Mother’s Day be right around the corner? I swear we were just decorating our Christmas tree. I have to admit, I have a love/hate relationship with Mother’s Day. I totally dig getting breakfast in bed and getting some well deserved gifts, but it’s a tough day for those of us that have lost our Mamas.
Now I have to say that some of my Mother’s Days have been better than others. Truthfully, my Mother’s Day usually lasts about 15 minutes. I always get a yummy breakfast in bed, open my gifts, then get up and do what I usually do. Sound familiar?? Actually, for a number of years I told my husband to give me mulch and flowers for the yard for Mother’s Day. This year I may be getting a new deck! Yee ha!!!
So what do you get the woman that carried you around like a big ole bowling ball for 40 weeks? The woman that cleaned your poopy Booty, wiped your snotty nose, and dry heaved as she cleaned up your puke. The woman that rocked you to sleep in your sweet little footy pajamas and patted your bottom till you fell asleep. The woman that happily woke up at 3:00 in the morning to feed you. The woman that sat through excruciating T-ball, soccer and pee wee football games. The woman that sacrificed her tight tummy and perky boobs for you. The woman that has spent endless hours worrying about and praying for you. What do you get that woman?? Here are a few ideas.
1. Tory Burch Shoes- No big surprise these beauties are on my wish list for Mother’s Day. Clif bought the Tory Burch Millers (Top) for me recently, and I’m loving them every bit as much as I thought I would!!! They are comfortable, sharp and stand out. They make an impression (as well they should for $200). Now if the Millers are a bit pricey for you, the Mini Millers are adorable at half the price. Any Mama would be tickled to open these up on Mother’s Day!!!
2. Anything Kendra Scott- If you recall, I recently bought this little necklace for myself (Because I deserved it damnit!). I love it and the matching cuff bracelet. They look good with almost anything and are very reasonably priced. That’s a winning combination for any Mom! Oh, and this necklace comes in like 100 colors!
3. Madewell Leather Tote- I am so loving this beautiful tote from Madewell. And it’s REAL leather!!! I’m kind of a snob when it comes to leather. I prefer the real thing when it comes to boots, belts and bags. And just look at that beautiful color. It’s petal pink people!!! This bag is perfect for holding all your Mama stuff like makeup, diapers, magazines, a bottle of wine, a side of beef. You know, the necessities.
4. Perfect Summer Sweater- This sweet, feminine little sweater is by Lou and Grey. The open stitch makes it a perfect choice for those chilly nights on the beach. I LOVE all things white and am a firm believer one can never have too many white shirts or sweaters. This sweater would be so cute with denim shorts, skinny jeans, joggers, heck anything. It’s on my “Really Want It” list!
5. It Cosmetics- It cosmetics are AWESOME, and this beautiful eye shadow palette is killer! Buying makeup for someone else can be tricky, but this palette has something for everyone. Add in a beautiful nail polish or your Mom’s favorite fragrance, and you’ve got a no fail gift that she is sure to love.
6. David Yurman- Ok, if you wanna make your Mom pee her pants (because she’s excited, not because she sneezed or laughed) then give her some DavidYurman!! It’s a splurge for sure, but hey, you’re the reason she pees herself!! So doesn’t she deserve something special?!?! Hell yeah she does!!! So shake those moths out of your wallet and come off some of that cheddar. It’s your MaMa for The love of all that’s Holy!!!
Actually all we REALLY want for Mother’s Day is for you to tell us you notice and appreciate all that we do for you! Well that and the David Yurman! Lol
I hope this helped you with your Mother’s Day shopping! What is the best Mother’s Day gift you’ve ever gotten?? Please share in the comments!