So, you wanna know more about the Nettes? Well of course you do! I know you have been waiting with bated breath all week to find out what my favorite things are. Wait no longer…here it is…
1.Favorite Food: Yep, Antoinette is right, Mama’s fried chicken with rice and chicken gravy will forever be my favorite meal. But, if I had to pick a food I can actually have right now, it would be a ribeye steak cooked on the grill by my man, Lindsay. He beats every steakhouse I have ever been to. Of course, it must be accompanied by a loaded baked potato and bread. If you’re gonna do it, do it right!!!
2. Favorite Drink: HaHa when I read “favorite drink” my mind didn’t go to soda like Antoinette’s did. My mind went to either a nice glass of Cavit Pinot Grigio or a tall icy mug of Dos Equis Lager on draft. That’s the difference in Antoinette and I. She’s Diet Pepsi and I’m beer. Lol
3. Favorite Band/Performer: AC/DC is also my all time favorite band. When I hear one of their songs on the radio, the volume gets cranked, and I sing every word at the top of my lungs. My boys just love it when this happens (insert hard eye roll here). I am also a huge Tom Petty fan. I cannot listen to any of his music now without feeling sad. I honestly cried like a baby the day he died.
4. Favorite TV Show and/or Book: I know I am going to sound totally shallow, but I am all about The Real Housewives. I watch every episode of every season in every city: NY, Atlanta, New Jersey, Beverly Hills, Orange County, and Potomac. I dig them all. I’m really not sure why it trips my trigger. Maybe it’s nice to see women whose lives are more of a mess than mine. It’s kind of like watching that hoarding show so you can feel better about your not so tidy house.
I am also an avid ID Channel watcher. I feel as though I have gleaned enough information from my “murder shows” to kill someone in at least a dozen different ways. Don’t cross me!!!
5. Favorite Movie: This one is hard for me because I rarely sit down long enough to watch an entire movie. I haven’t been to a theatre in at least 2 years. I did get to enjoy like 6 movies on my flights to and from Ireland.
Christmas is the one time of year that I MUST SEE Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. It is not officially the holiday season until I see this movie at least once. I pull quotes from this classic all the time. “It’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.”
6. Favorite Thing to Do: My absolute favorite thing to do in the whole wide world is watch my boys play ball. I watched my oldest, Bryce, play for many years, and now I get to watch my youngest, Nathan. There is nothing like seeing your baby pitch a great game or bang one over the fence. I know it is shocking to hear, but I am the Mom that yells for every kid on the team. I cheer for all the good plays and console those who strike out or miss a ball. I am fully involved. I just can’t for the life of me understand parents who don’t pay attention to the game! I mean, why are you even there?!! Geez🙄
Things I wished I enjoyed doing: Creating and sticking to a budget, couponing, dieting, drinking water.
7. Favorite Look: My favorite look this time of year is different than in the Fall and Winter. I am a sweater, jeans, and boots kind of girl. In the Summer my favorite look usually involves something short with a wedge espadrille. Look at last weeks blog pics. I also like a pair of jean Bermuda shorts with a cute tee and my Rainbow flip-flops for the baseball field.
8. Favorite Article of Clothing: I’m gonna list jewelry instead of clothes if that’s ok. I have 3 or 4 pieces of jewelry that I treasure. First is a strand of pearls I received on my first Mother’s Day. Pearl is my oldest son’s birth stone. Second are the pair of diamond stud earrings I got when my youngest son was born. Diamond is his birth stone (I got lucky with their birth months). The third is a gold cross necklace that belonged to my MaMa. Lastly is the diamond and silver ring that Lindsay gave me this past Christmas. It means the world to me.
9. Favorite Color: it is difficult for me to choose just 1 favorite color. A lot depends on the season and my mood. Pink always seems to make me happy, as does periwinkle. I love the pop that red and yellow brings to any outfit. Even black and white hold a special place in my closet.
10. Favorite Fashion Icon: Undoubtedly this would be my MaMa. She could wear a skirt suit better than anyone I have ever seen. Hers is the voice I hear in my head when I try to decide what to wear on a daily basis.
I also admire women who dare to stand out and express themselves through fashion. If I had a ton of money and weighed 80lbs. I would own the entire Victoria Beckham line. I think she is a super bad ass. That is a large part of becoming an icon.
Don’t you feel like a better person for having read all of my favorite things? I know you do.
Come back Friday and see what floats Raenette’s boat.