It’s beach time, baby!!! Summer is not summer without at least one trip to either the North or South Carolina Beaches. I just love the salt air, my toes in the sand, the sound of the waves and a drink in my hand. Ha! I’m a poet and didn’t even know it.
1. Beach Bag- The first thing I do when I am going down to the beach for the day, is pack my beach bag. This one from ShyLero is huge!! It will hold several towels, your phone, keys, iPod (yes I still have one), a couple of books/magagzines and sunscreen. Plus, you can put a couple of bottles of water in the outside pouches. It is waterproof, washable, and has 3 large inner pockets to keep you organized. It even has a built-in bottle opener! What more could you want? I love the nautical stripes and the soft rope handles. So cute.
2. Beach Chair- Once I am on the beach, it is time to get comfy. This is when a good beach chair is a must. Well, this one from Ostrich has it all. It is a 5-position lay flat, backpack chair with a covered face down cavity and arm slots. Yes, I said face down! It has padding so you can rest your face like you do on a massage table. Genius! Then you slip your arms through the slots and BOOM, relaxation. It has an adjustable pillow for when you want to lie back the old fashioned way. It is super durable and can hold up to 325lbs. It’s not the lightest chair that I looked at, but you can carry it on your back. The comfort outweighs the weight. Wait, what? You know what I mean.
3. Super Cool Cooler- Once I’m all comfortable in my chair, the next thing I want is a nice cold beverage. This Ice Mule soft sided backpack cooler rocks! It is leakproof, rolls up for easy storage, and it even floats. The large one can hold 18 cans plus ice or 6 bottles of wine plus ice. There is a smaller version as well, if you don’t need that much space. I know, I know, you can’t carry a backpack beach chair and a backpack cooler at the same time. Why do you think you have a husband, boyfriend and kids?
4. Can Covers– I think every beach I have ever been to has that sign that reads “No alcoholic beverages permitted”. Now, we all know they don’t really mean it. Not in NC/SC anyway. They just don’t want you running down the beach drunk with a Pabst Blue Ribbon in your hand. You have to have a little decorum. We are in the Bible Belt after all. One must be discreet. That’s where these little dandies come in handy. Dang, I can’t quit with the rhymes. Lol. If you have a cold can of brewski, just wrap one of these soda covers around it, and no one is the wiser.
If a mixed drink is more your thing (Raenette), then bring that liquor with you in one of these cute sunscreen flasks. I think I just discovered a way to have more fun at Nathan’s baseball games. Wink wink…
5. Super Surfer Dude- You know once you’re all set up in your chair with your cold beverage in hand, someone is gonna want you to get up and play with them. Kids just don’t seem to be into sitting still for hours on the beach like I am. We picked up this little guy on one of our beach trips last year. You throw him into the waves. He then pops back up and surfs back in to you. We got a kick out of seeing how far we could throw him and watching him catch a wave. If you don’t like taking turns (and who does really?) then you will need to buy a couple.
6. Phone Bag- I know we shouldn’t be looking at our phones while we are on the beach. We are here to unplug and just enjoy some peace and quiet. But, what if someone asks you who played so and so in that 80’s movie. You know, that funny movie with that blonde girl. Well of course you’ll need your phone to Google it and see. You can’t relax if you don’t find the answer! This little pouch will keep your phone safe from water and sand. You don’t even have to take it out. You can type right through the case!
Now you are all ready for a fun time at the beach with your family and friends!! Relax and enjoy.
I can’t wait to see what Raenette is carrying to the beach! Check back here Friday to find out!!