Hey girl, it’s Antoinette here, and I’ve brought along some of my beauty favorites. Some of them are oldies but goodies, and some are nifty new finds. Now when it comes to beauty, Anjanette is the makeup guru. That chick drops some major change on all things beauty. I’m more of a Drug Store kinda girl. Lol. I did venture over to Ulta for several of these finds. That’s a big deal for me!! So check out some of my favs and let me know whatcha think.
- Now I’m gonna have to tell ya, when it comes to makeup, I’m a creature of habit. I find something I like, and I stick with it. Every so often I hear so much about a product I just have to give it a try. That’s how it was with this Too Faced Betterthan Sex Mascara. I had to check it out and see what all the hype was about. I have to say, I’m diggin it! It has this funky brush that gets all the tiny lashes and makes them pop. As I’ve aged, my lashes have grown thinner and thinner (I wish I could say the same for my thighs). This mascara brought them back to life. I have to admit it’s significantly more expensive than my drug store mascara, but I think it’s a keeper. Is it really better than sex??? I’ll never tell!!
- This one falls in the Oldie but Goodie category. This Calvin Klein Euphoria is my everyday fragrance. Yes, I now wear perfume every day. It makes me feel special, and this scent reminds me of my Mama. I have a really, really, really hard time with scents. I can’t handle super florally or musky scents. I actually tend to like men’s cologne better than women’s perfume. This scent did take some getting used to because it’s more feminine than what I’m typically drawn to. Sometimes you have to live with a fragrance for a while before it becomes your own. Do you wear perfume daily or save it for special occasions?? What fragrance are you loving? I would love to hear!
- This L’Oréal Magic Root Coverup has to be one of my all time favorite finds!!! I have to give my sweet stylist, Rebecca Carter of Southern Swank, credit for this one. I don’t know about you, but my gray roots come back faster than a pimple on a teenager’s butt! This magic spray helps buy me an extra week or two between colorings. A word of warning, You do have to be careful when spraying it on. It comes out quite quickly. Hold the bottle a good 4-5 inches from the root and swipe it as you spray. If you accidentally apply too much to an area, you can use a dry cloth to rub some off before it drys. I recommend the darker blonde for my hair color. I found the light blonde did not provide adequate coverage.
- This IT No Tug GelEyeliner is a brand new product for me, and I love it!! Again, it is significantly more expensive than my typical drug store eyeliner, but it stays on so much better. That means fewer re applications, which means it lasts longer. The brown is a nice rich color and it goes on like butter! It truly does NOT tug at your eyelids or your delicate under eye area. Plus it says Anti-Aging right there on the package. I can use all the anti-aging I can get!
- Another great IT product is the CC+ (Color Correcting) Cream foundation. Now I have been a Clinique girl since my 20s. I had tried other foundations but always came back to my Clinique because the others made my skin dry and flakey. My sister Raenette actually turned me on to the IT line of products. I have to say I was skeptical. I have been surprisingly pleased with the CC+ so far. It’s a bit thicker than what I’m accustomed to, but it provides excellent coverage without being cakey. It’s super hydrating as well, which is great for my dry skin. I started with the Medium tone but just bought the Light for my winter complexion. I’m not sure if it’s a bit too light. I could really use something between the two.
- This is another for the Oldie category. This Revlon Powdered Blush is one of my drug store favs. This Rosy Glow color is perfect for my skin tone. I have tried a butt load of blushes, but again, I end up right back here every time. For the price, it just can’t be beat. I do find with ALL blushes, a need to reapply midday. I’m not sure if this is due to my dry skin or what. And yes, I’ve tried cream blushers, and it’s the same story. If you have any suggestions for a blush that lasts all day, PLEASE let me know in the comments.
- Last but not least is my favorite nail polish. I love all things essie!!! I’m not one to have regular Mani/Pedis. Maybe it’s because I can ALWAYS think of something else I’d rather spend my money on (shoes, sweaters, purses, etc). Or maybe it’s because every dang time I go someone tries to UpSale me into something I don’t want. Drives me CRAZY!!! So most of the time I just paint my own nails. I love something more bold on my toes but usually keep it pretty neutral on my fingers. These Wild Nudes by Essie really fit the bill. They are gorgeous, and the names tickle me (Truth or Bare, Skinny Dip, Bare with Me). Again, they aren’t cheap, but I’m worth a $9.00 splurge.
I hope you’ve found at least one new product you’d like to try. What are some of your beauty favorites?? Comment below. Don’t forget to come back Wednesday for Anjanette’s Favorites. You don’t wanna miss it!!
Totally off subject but so worth mentioning, Frye is having a huge sale!!! If you’ve been lusting for a pair of these beautiful boots, now is the time to take the leap. Many styles are marked down. Plus there’s an extra 30% off Final Sales with code XTRA30!!! You’re welcome!