It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! You know, when it’s still early enough in the Christmas Season to feel like you still have things under control. To me men have always been harder to shop for than women. I mean, us girls are usually happy with anything involving diamonds and not intended for house work. See, easy peasy. Men on the other hand…How many ties, socks, and underwear does he really need? I am here to help you find that perfect gift for your favorite guys. You can thank me later.
1. Hookey Game– First on my list is a game. I don’t know about you, but most men (and women for that matter) in my life are pretty dang competitive. Hookey is a ring toss game that can be hung up in his man cave, in the garage or on a tree outside. It comes with six black rings and six red. The best part is, unlike with darts, Jimmy cannot accidentally blind little Johnny by hitting him with one of these. That’s a win/win!
2. Patagonia Coat- The second gift on my list is this wonderful down jacket by Patagonia. I bought one last Christmas for my oldest son, Bryce. You would not believe that a coat this feathery light could possibly keep you so very toasty, but it does! Now, it’s a bit pricey I know, but the extra coin is so worth it for this great coat.
3. Tickets- Next on my list are tickets. What is your man’s favorite sports team? What band does he love? Where would he like to visit? I am a firm believer that you will remember things you did together more than the stuff you had. Think back to when you were a child. What made for your fondest memories? I bet it was a family beach trip or that time you went skiing with your friends. Even if you don’t pull for his team (Lindsay🙄) or hate his taste in music, you can suck it up buttercup just so you can see the joy in his face. Plus, you’ll have great bargaining power the next time you want to drag him out dancing or just shopping.
4. Cologne– Does your man still wear the same cologne he wore when you met him in 8th grade? You know, the ones like Polo and Drakkar? Well, if this is the case, it is time to introduce him to a new scent. Gucci Guilty is one of my current favorites. It is fresh with a hint of lilac yet rich with amber. This is the best time of the year to buy both men’s and women’s fragrances. When you combine the special gift sets along with holiday sales, you come out smelling like a rose.
5. L.L. Bean Slippers– Number 5 on my men’s gift list are these Wicked Good Moccasins from LL Bean. These slippers are THE BEST EVA! They are made out of genuine sheepskin and lined in shearling. They also have a rubber sole so you can wear these bad boys to the mailbox or the WalMart. Your guy’s piggies will stay cozy in these for years to come.
6. The Bonfire– Number 6 is such a cool ass gift people!! The Bonfire is a portable fire pit that has an airflow system so there is way less smoke and ash to clean up. That means you can get close enough to the fire to stay warm without burning your eyes out of your head. It’s also nice not to have your clothes and hair smelling like you just escaped a house fire. You’ll have a roaring fire in minutes thanks to the airflow around the Bonfire. Thanks to its portability, you can take it with you camping or to your next family get together.
7. Cuff Links– Who doesn’t love a sharp dressed man? Nothing says dapper like a french cuffed shirt with monogrammed cuff-links. I found this simply sophisticated pair on Etsy. They look waaayyy more expensive than their $40 price tag and come from right down the road from me in Mooresville, NC. What a wonderful keepsake gift from you to your handsome man.
8. Ray-Bans– The last item is a true classic. These Ray-Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses are flattering on all face shapes and are offered in 13 different lens and frame color combinations. The lenses also come in both 49mm and 51mm diameters depending on the size of your face. Again, this is not a cheap gift, but one that will last you many years to come. Sometimes (most times I dare say) you get what you pay for.
Boy oh boy the boys in your life would be lucky to get any of the above. I hope you saw something cool that your dude would dig. Come on back Friday, and we will try to help you with the young folks in your life.